After you receive your order confirmation email and have downloaded the plugin file, you may be wondering what to do with it. Don’t worry! There are several simple methods for getting the plugin up to your site.
Install using the Upload Plugin method
This method is by far the easiest, since you will take the entire zip file and upload it in one shot. WordPress will handle unzipping it for you.
- In your WordPress Dashboard click on Plugins » Add New.
- At the top of that page you will see a list of links, click on Upload.
- Click “Browse” and find the zip file you downloaded.
- Click “Install Now”
WordPress will install the plugin for you and send you to a confirmation page where you can Activate the plugin.
Install using an FTP program
This method is slightly more complicated, since you will need a separate FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program. I like FileZilla, which is available for free on both Mac and PC but any FTP program will work.
- Unzip the downloaded plugin and keep it handy.
- Connect to your site using the FTP program of your choice.
- Navigate to the /wp-content/plugins directory.
- Upload the entire unzipped plugin folder to this directory. All files are required, so don’t leave anything out.
Once you have uploaded, go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Dashboard. Find the newly installed plugin in the list and click Activate.